I am very happy to see that Aldi will be stocking Coconut Oil as one of their standard products. One of the shop assistants told me that they can barely keep it on the shelf. Check it out in the photo!
Read about the benefits of coconut oil here. It is one of the best oils to use for cooking due to its stability at high temperatures.
Today I attempted another type of muffin suitable for breakfast using coconut flour. These don’t tend to rise as much as banana muffins made with ground almonds. They have a much denser texture due to the coconut flour. This makes 11-12 small muffins.
- 70g butter
- zest of 3 lemons
- 3 eggs
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 dessert spoon of maple syrup ( optional if trying to minimise sugar)
- 45g of coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- a pinch of salt
- Pre heat the oven to 170 dec C.
- Melt the butter and mix in the lemon zest.
- When it is cooled whisk in the 3 eggs. Add the chia seeds, lemon juice and maple syrup and mix well.
- Sieve in the coconut flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda and mix through.
- Divide the batter into small muffin cases and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes
- Serve with greek yoghurt for a yummy breakfast.