Much of the literature I have been reading regarding LCHF has related to metabolic syndrome and obesity. Today I watched this 20 minute Gary Fettke video on preventing and managing cancer with Ketogenic diets.
I have also just bought Patricia Daly’s new book “The Ketogenic Kitchen” and I am looking forward to trying out some of her delicious recipes. Patricia is a recovering cancer patient who found that a ketogenic diet greatly helped her rehabilitation.
Food for thought and yet another reason to ditch the carbs! And of course, just as important, another reason for keeping an open mind.
Today’s side dish for any meat or fish is a type of ratatouille. Without the courgette though purely because I didn’t have one in the fridge. Feel free to add one if you do.
A great side dish for having with your bbq!
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 aubergine chopped to medium size pieces (salt for 1 hour before hand if you wish to remove some of the excess water)
- 6 fresh tomatoes chopped to medium pieces
- 125g of mozzarella
- a handful of fresh basil or rosemary
- a large knob of butter
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Gently fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes in the better, then add the aubergines and tomatoes and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a gratin dish, add the herbs and salt and pepper and top with the mozzarella. Place under a hot grill until the cheese is bubbling