I was delighted with the great attendance at my talk “Banting to Reclaim your Life” last night in DCU and especially for the very engaging discussion at the end. I hope those who attended learned something that will help improve their health and understand why humans cannot outrun a bad diet. The link to the recording of the talk will be available very soon.
You can read my Certified Banting Coaching profile here http://realmealrevolution.com/profile/emma-dunne/119727
I will be starting a face to face Banting group starting August 24th at 8pm in Tolka Rovers Football club, Glasnevin. This group will meet weekly and will have all the support tools of realmealrevolution.com available for personal use on a daily basis.
On line sign up will open August 15th and I will send a reminder with the link when that’s available. Group membership is on a monthly basis and you can leave at the end of any month you wish.
In the meantime, here is some reading should you like to continue to grow your knowledge.
– The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet by Nina Teicholz
– The Sugar Conspiracy by Ian Leslie, The Long Read – The Guardian April 7, 2016
– Why We Get Fat: and What to Do About It by Gary Taubes
– Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health by Gary Taubes
– Death By Food Pyramid: How Shoddy Science, Sketchy Politics and Shady Special Interests Have Ruined Our Health
– Wheat Belly by William Davis
– Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease by Robert H. Lustig M.D. ,
And also a great video Sugar The Bitter Truth by Dr Robert Lustig https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM