In Ireland, we are very lucky to have easy and cheap access all the benefits of grass fed beef, in particular the fatty cuts of meat such as shin of beef which really benefits from long slow cooking.
- 600g shin of beef
- a large piece of fresh ginger grated
- 1 head of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp of tamari (wheat free soy)
- 2 tbsp of cider vinegar
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 chopped chilli (optional)
- 1 large handful of chard or other leafy green veg
- Preheat the oven to 140 deg C
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and brown in an oven proof casserole dish.
- Add the ginger and garlic and fry for a few minutes, then add the tamari, cider vingear, pepper and chilli.
- Add enough boiling water to just cover the meat.
- Cook in the oven for about 2 1/2 hours until the meat is tender. Then add the chard to the pot and allow to soften for about 5 minutes.
You will never want another Chinese takeaway after you have tried this!