The benefits of natural fats in the diet is getting quite a bit of media coverage of late. But let the buyer (eater) beware! Ensure it’s in combination with low carbs!
Lamb mince is a great fatty meat and so lends itself very well to an LCHF lifestyle.
This is a very quick and easy recipe and is a twist on an earlier post. This feeds 2 adults and 2 young children.
- 450g of lamb mince
- 1 heaped tsp of cumin, ground in a mortar and pestle
- 1 heaped tsp coriander seed, ground in a mortar and pestle
- 1 large clove of garlic finely chopped
- coconut oil or other healthy fat for frying
- 1/2 head of Cabbage chopped
- a handful of sprouts
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the meat, spices, garlic and seasoning and shape into meatball or burger shapes
- Fry in a pan on a moderate heat for about 6 minutes each side or until the meat is cooked through
- As the meatballs are cooking, steam the greens for about 7-10 minutes
- Remove the meatballs from the pan. Quite a lot of fat will have come out of them, so fry the steamed greens in the fat to soak them up.
- Serve with aubergine hummus. Overall extremely tasty and very filling.
Occasionally, some of your visitors may see an advertisement here
You can hide these ads completely by upgrading to one of our paid plans.