Non starchy vegetables are an important component of an LCHF diet. They are low in net carbs, high in vitamins and minerals and provide lots of filling.
Cauliflower is a really versatile vegetable. Baking it in the oven is a great way to add healthy fats and makes a really filling side dish for any dinner.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 100g of creme fraiche or cream
- 100g of cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat your oven to 200 deg C
- First steam 1 head of chopped cauliflower for 5-8 minutes until tender.
- Mix together the creme fraiche or cream with the grated cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper
- Place the steamed cauliflower into a baking dish and cover with the cheese and cream mixture
- Top with some extra cheddar cheese and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.