Coconut milk has many benefits to the diet and is commonly used in Thai cooking to give a lovely creamy texture. Coconut is very high in MCT’s (medium chain triglycerides), believed to be instrumental in weight loss.
- Thumb size piece of ginger, grated
- Clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 250g mushroom, chopped
- 400g leftover cooked chicken
- 300ml of stock, ideally homemade bone broth
- 1 tblsp of high quality peanut butter (made from just ground peanuts)
- a large handful of greens (Chinese greens or kale/spinach)
- Tin of coconut soup
- 1 lime, squeezed
- dash of fish sauce
- a handful of raw peanut, chopped
- a handful of fresh coriander
- coconut oil
- Gently fry the ginger, onion and garlic in a large knob of coconut oil until softened
- Add the chopped mushroom and continue to fry for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms have softened too.
- Add the coconut milk and stock and allow to gently simmer for about 20 minutes until the soup reduces a little
- Add the dash of fish sauce, the chicken, peanut butter and greens
- Continue to simmer until the chicken is full heated and the peanut butter has blended fully.
- Add the lime juice, and serve topped with chopped peanuts and coriander