Liver can take a bit of getting used to due to its strong flavour and texture, but it is a fantastic source of nutrients. Have a look at this nutrient table from Chris Kessners blog. It beats vegetables and red meat by a long shot.
This recipe serves 2 adults and has a real Asian feel to it. Its ideal for getting used to eating liver if you are not really a fan of the strong taste.
- 4 slices of lambs liver
- 1 thumbsize piece of fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake (rice wine) – optional
- 1 tablespoon water
- coconut oil for frying
- Cut liver into bite-sized pieces and marinate in a mixture of soy sauce, sake and ginger for about 30 minutes
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan
- Drain the soaking liquid from the liver pieces and fry until cooked (about 6-8 minutes)
- Add back the soaking liquid and heat through
Here it is served with spicy kimchee, great for feeding your good gut bacteria.