Leg of lamb is deliciously fatty and is an ideal LCHF meat. This is a lovely weekend dinner, the marinade giving it lots of extra flavour. If you are lucky you will have leftovers for the next day too!
Don’t forget to keep the bones and boil in a pressure cooker for 1 hour for homemade stock/bone broth.
- 1 leg of lamb
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tblsp of melted butter
- 1 large handful of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C
- Combine the lemon zest, rosemary, salt and pepper in a mortar and pestle. Give then a good crushing and then add the melted butter and mix well.
- Set aside half of this mix for serving the lamb. Coat the lamb leg with the remainder
- Roast the lamb in the centre of the oven at 180 deg C for 25 minutes per 500g plus 20 minutes extra at the end, basting with the juices occasionally during cooking
- Serve with non starchy veggies.