Believe it or not dark chocolate is actually good for you. As usual, the devil is in the detail of what you buy, aim for very high % cocoa, low sugar type to get the health benefits. My own favourite is Green and Blacks 85% organic dark chocolate and a little goes a long way.
Here is an easy dessert recipe which uses dark chocolate and nuts together.
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tblsp dessicated coconut
- 60g of 85% dark chocolate, melted
- pinch salt
- Grind the walnuts and almonds in a food processor until a dough starts to form.
- Add the cocoa powder, dessicated coconut and salt and blend until fully mixed through
- Add to the melted chocolate and spread out onto parchment paper on a baking tray
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour, then break them up into random sizes.
- Enjoy on their own or with whipped cream and low carb berries