The herb Basil is naturally in season in summer time.
Here is a deliciously tangy home made Basil Pesto inspired by Hemsley and Hemsley. It’s made with all good healthy LCHF ingredients and is leagues ahead of the commercially available pestos.
It goes really well with roasted chicken, so get your food processor out.
You can adjust the lemon and Extra Virgin Olive Oil amounts if you want it thicker or thinner.
- 16 Brazil Nuts
- 25g Fresh Basil with stalks
- 2.5 tblsp lemon juice
- 5 tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- A good sprinkling of sea salt and pepper
- Toast the Brazil nuts in the oven for about 6 minutes at 180 deg C. If you are stuck for time, you can skip this step
- Place the nuts into a food processor and blend until resembling fine breadcrumbs
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend to a rough texture
- Check seasoning and adjust to your liking and consistency