Lamb is a very popular meat in Greece, the aromas from this while cooking reminds me of the beautiful island of Crete. It is a perfect LCHF dinner as the aubergine soaks up all the delicious fats and juices from the lamb.
This recipe will serve 2 adults
- 4 Lamb chops
- 1 large Aubergine
- 1 large handful of Kalamata Olives (or black olives)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A large sprig of Rosemary, chopped small
- 25g of butter
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg C
- Melt the butter and mix in the rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper
- Slice the aubergine thinly. Lie them in an oven proof dish or roasting tray
- Place the chops on top of the aubergines and baste with the butter mixture
- Sprinkle the olives on top and bake for 30-35 minutes until the meat is tender, turning the chops half way through cooking.
You can also take the opportunity to roast some extra veg like courgette and peppers while the oven is hot.
Great served with a side of rocket, spring onion and feta cheese, dressed with EVO cider vinegar dressing.