With a little bit of imagination, leftovers can be very quickly transformed into a really tasty new dish.
Shoulder of pork usually provides enough meat for 2 or 3 dinners for 4 people. Also it should have been possible to keep some of the pork fat from the original roasting tray, so use this to stir fry the veg to make it really flavoursome.
- A large knob of fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 courgette julienned
- 300g of broccoli florets
- 500g of left over cooked pork (from shoulder of pork)
- 2-3 tablespoons of Tamari (wheat free soy)
- 100 ml of bone broth or home made stock
- 1 lime squeezed
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped (optional)
- a handful of fresh coriander
- 1 tblsp of pork lard or other stable fat
Heat the fat in a large pan or wok.
Add the ginger, garlic and all the other veg except the courgette and stir fry for a few minutes until they start to soften. Now add the courgette and fry for a few more minutes. If the pan is drying out a tablespoon of stock.
Now add the pork, tamari and rest of the stock and cover with a lid until everything is fully heated through.
Now mix through the lime juice and fresh chilli and served topped with fresh coriander.