Both Cider Apple Vinegar and fermented foods are linked to reducing insulin resistance. Here is a tasty salad to perk up left over roast beef which has the added advantage of containing both.
- 100g of leftover cooked roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1 thumb size piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon of tamari (wheat free soy)
- 1 large handful of rocket
- 2 inches of cucumber, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- a couple tablespoons of Kimchee
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cider Apple Vinegar
- 1 fresh red chilli deseeded and chopped small (optional)
- Mix together the grated ginger and tamari and marinade the cooked beef in the mixture for about 20 minutes
- Assemble all the salad ingredients and dress with EVO and cider vinegar before placing the marinaded beef on top.
- Add a freshly chopped chilli for extra kick if desired