Butter and leeks greatly compliment each other. Real butter is a healthy fat so don’t be afraid of using it. It’s also a great source of that hard to get K2 vitamin. Pork steak is typically lean so adding the butter is very important to give a nice healthy fat content. The stock will ensure it doesn’t dry out.
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 1 large leek, chopped small
- 1 stick of celery, chopped small
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pork steak (500-600g)
- 1 large cup of homemade stock
- 200g of green olives
- a large knob of butter
- 1 bay leaf
- a dash of cider apple vinegar
- A handful of fresh herbs such as sage of thyme
- Sea sat and black pepper
- Melt the butter in a heavy based pan and sautee the vegetables for about 15 minutes
- Now add the pork and brown well. Add the herbs, olives and stock, season and bring to boil.
- Place in the oven at 180 deg C for about 1 hour 20 minutes or until the pork is cooked through (no pink)
- Add a dash of cider apple vinegar before serving with buttery cabbage or Brussels sprouts.