These are super filling, make them savoury by adding cheese and ham, or sweet(ish) by adding a square of melted dark chocolate. There’s enough in this recipe for 4 people, it makes about 10 medium sized pancakes.
The consistency is more crumbly than regular wheat flour based pancakes, so it will be necessary to turn them with a spatula rather than flipping them.
- 4 large eggs
- 240 ml of full fat milk or coconut milk
- 70g of coconut flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract or 1 tsp of ground cinnamon (optional)
- butter for frying
- In a food processor or with a stick blender, blend the eggs, milk and vanilla extract together.
- Mix all the dry ingredient together well before adding to the wet ingredients and blending until there are no lumps.
- Melt a knob of butter onto a frying pan at medium heat. Add some pancake mixture to the pan and shake to make it about 5mm thick. Cook for about 2 minutes minutes and then flip onto the other side and cook for another 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Now it’s done, so garnish as you like and cook up the rest of the batter immediately as it thickens very quickly. Loosen with a little more milk if necessary.