A LCHF way of eating does not mean never having BBQ sauce again. Here’s a really delicious and tangy home made version, perfect with ribs or chicken. It’s a modified recipe from Real Meal Revolutions Book “Superfood for Super Children”.
The photo shows deliciously fatty bacon ribs cooked in a slow cooker for 4 hours covered in the BBQ sauce. Perfect for parties too!
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 2 tblsp of tamari
- 2 tblsp of Worchester sauce
- 1 tblsp of red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- juice of 1 orange
- 3 tblsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- Place all the ingredients except the olive oil in a saucepan and simmer gently for about 10-15 minutes to reduce
- Then remove from the heat, add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and blend with a stick blender.
- Now the sauce is ready to be used as a dip for burgers or chicken or to cook meats in, such as these bacon ribs.